Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature
- Related Products
Broad, timely coverage of the 300 most popular general-interest periodicals.
Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature delivers comprehensive indexing of 300 of the most popular and important periodicals published in the United States and Canada, thereby indexing articles about topics of current and historical interest. It offers high school and college students, teachers, public library patrons and researchers of all kinds an easy-to-use index to a broad range of general interest popular magazines.
Among the hundreds of subjects covered are Aeronautics, Aging, Astronomy, Automobiles, Biography, Business, Canada, Children, Computers, Consumer Education, Current Events, Education, Environment, Fashion, Film, Fine Arts, Food, Foreign Affairs, Health, History, Hobbies, Home, Journalism, Leisure Activities, Medicine, Music, News, Nutrition, Photography, Politics, Religion, Science, Sports, and Television.
Three paperbacks are delivered March to September and include 1,000 pages each. The cumulative library-bound annual, published each year in January, includes 3,000 pages covering over 80,000 articles.
Access to information is flexible and easy in the Readers' Guide. The following search methods are available:
- Subject Access - The plain language terminology used in the subject headings insures users will find the information they need
- Author Access - Both subject and author entries are given in one alphabet and both provide all the information necessary to locate an article
- Cross References - Literally thousands of cross references help users expand the scope of their searches
The Guide offers a number of features developed and perfected by Wilson during the 110 years of the publication's development:
- Complete indexing of the most popular magazines in libraries today
- Unique name and subject authority files which guarantee names and subject headings are consistent wherever they appear
- Title enhancement to clarify the content of articles with ambiguous titles
- Complete bibliographic information for each article cited
- Complete subscription information for each magazine indexed
- A separate index of book reviews which have appeared in the covered magazines An annual subscription to Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature brings your library 3 quality paperbound issues plus a permanent annual hardbound cumulation.
An annual subscription to Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature brings your library 3 quality paperbound issues plus a permanent annual hardbound cumulation.